Friday, May 2, 2008

Views from the Empire State Building

As many of you know, Alex and I just returned from a tour of the east coast (or at least a sampler tour). We started in Boston, went through New York City, and ended in Washington D.C. I had never been to the latter two cities and of course returned with many, many pictures. Contrary to my usual orderliness, I think I will post them somewhat randomly starting with some from New York City. New York was definitely an eye opening experience. I was so struck by the enormity of the city. So many people living amongst so many over-sized buildings and so little empty space. It's just plain huge. I think this is demonstrated best by some pictures I took from the top of the Empire State Building (we only had to wait in line for about 15 minutes!) and one I took at Times Square.

Up

Down

South
North
Times Square
(on a Wednesday afternoon)

No comments: