Friday, May 2, 2008

Boston Marathon

The reason Alex and I included Boston in our east coast tour was not so much that we wanted to explore (we've both been there numerous times) but because our friend Heather was running the Boston Marathon. She did fantastic! Her time was 3:21:49 which is about 7:41 miles. That's more than a 10 minute improvement over her qualifying time. Alex and I (and Chad) were about a half mile from the finish line. We saw Lance Armstrong run by. His time was somewhere around 2:40 I think. Pretty good given the rumors that his longest training run was 14 miles. I had a pretty good view of the runners, but when Heather came by I was torn between cheering and picture taking. So, I only got one shot of her. After the race we walked around Boston with her, Brian, and her parents looking for beer and seeing the sights. She must not have been too tired... that's her in her trophy jacket that her mom insisted on buying for her.

No comments: