Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snowshoeing

It was a rare day in Michigan yesterday (and today!). Sunny blue skies with a nice layer of fresh white snow on the ground. To celebrate the sun's visit to the skies of Michigan, Rachel, Heather, Rowan, Abby and I went snowshoeing out at Pinckney. It was Rowan's and Abby's first time out on snowshoes and Heather's and my first time trying to carry them while wearing snowshoes. I'd say it was a resounding success, but only because Rachel was there to handle everything that couldn't be done with a baby in your arms. For me, that included buckling my snowshoes and wrangling dogs. While we were out, Abby discovered the camelback nozzle. That was the best toy ever and entertained her for half the walk. She learned how to drink from it, but I had to shut of the water supply because once her thirst was quenched she started drinking and then spitting it out all over herself and me. After that she just chewed on it. Here are a few photos from the day. P.S. If you're wondering whether Abby was warm, both of us were sweating. Or maybe the sweat on her clothes was from me, but either way, she was definitely warm.






1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Maybe the wetness you attributed to sweat was leakage from the camelsback...?