Thursday, July 9, 2009

St. Louis Zoo

On the third day of our visit to Murphysboro we blew town and went to St. Louis. After having a tour and lunching at Schlafly brewery we headed to the zoo. For photo-maniacs like myself and Olivia, the zoo is a dangerous place. One could, hypothetically speaking, take hundreds of pictures in a matter of hours. Okay, okay, I'm not speaking hypothetically. Between the two of us, Olivia and I did in fact take hundreds of pictures. I will however, only post the cream of the cream of the cream of the crop.

The St. Louis zoo is an amazing place and is also free. It attracts quite a crowd--or at least it did on July 5th. I had almost as much fun watching the animals outside the cages as I did watching the ones inside. But we mostly only took pictures of the animals inside the cages (sorry Barb, Abby isn't in any of these).































































Here are a few pictures of some of the better looking animals outside the cages.






In case you're wondering, Abby also seemed to enjoy the zoo. She slept through a lot of it, but seemed to be happy and intrigued when she was awake (see photos above).

With one exception.

The Lemurs.

They startled her nearly to death by bursting into a cacophony of screams just as we stopped to look at them. I think they thought it was glorious fun to scare young zoo patrons. I have a different opinion.

This is the lemur.


This is Abby post-lemur.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Truly the creme de la creme--especially the last one...! What a face.

Tory said...

I was about to say "oh no, poor Abby!" Then I realized that she sometimes looks at me that way too...