Monday, May 25, 2009

The Birds

Not creepy, like Hitchcock, but cute and furry like stuffed animals.

When grandma Messinger came to visit last, she brought an armload of cute stuffed birds, each representing a different species. Not only are these birds accurately colored, but they also accurately reproduce that particular species call. She assembled these birds into an elaborate mobile which we hung in the spare bedroom.


Every visitor we have had since then has exclaimed over the awesomeness of this mobile. However, to my dismay, Abby showed ony a passing interest in the suspended armada of birds. But that has all changed. Last week I hung a few of them over her head in her new Pak and Play and the second she saw them she burst into smiles. She will spend tens of minutes (trust me, for her, that's a really long time) just staring at them and trying to grab at them. Now I take one with me everywhere, incase she needs some entertainment.













Here is a bit of video of her playing with the birds.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I need one of these mobiles. Maybe it would help me to finally learn some birds and their calls....

Bonnie said...

Awwwww, I wondered if she'd ever decide she liked them. I love how she's holding the bluebird with her feet! Best three minutes of video on the web!

penn said...

oh, so cute! where did your mom get those?