Monday, May 11, 2009

Auntie Beth

We finally got Beth to come visit us last weekend. And all it took was 9 months of overweight, disproportioned, imbalanced discomfort and 31 hours of the most intense pain I have ever experienced. If only I had known sooner... (HAH!)

Beth arrived on Thursday evening, just in time for Abby to start her evening ritual of fussing. Fortunately Barb had fore-warned her that the key to fussing is jiggling. Beth's a great jiggler.


On Friday afternoon we toured downtown Ann Arbor with the umbrella stroller Barb financed.

While we were out we ate lunch at BTB and Beth entertained Abby while I ate my giant burrito much too quickly.


On Friday evening we went for a nice bike ride down by the Huron River. I don't have any pictures because I was too busy biking, but it was fun. Saturday was mostly spent lounging around watching old movies and listening to Beth complain about her sore butt, but around 5 we ventured out to ABC for an early dinner. It was Abby's first sit-down restaurant experience and I'm glad to say it went well!


On Sunday morning we rounded out Beth's visit with a gourmet Mother's Day pancake breakfast courtesy of Alex. What a wonderful weekend. Hopefully it won't take as much effort to get Beth to come back and do it again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sus, you just look so beautiful in that pict of you with Abby at the restaurant... I've been meaning to tell you that for some time now. Lucky baby, in many ways.