Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Willing to suspend disbelief

I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about this pregnancy thing. But, it's pretty much all I can think about these days. Hopefully one of these days soon you'll open this blog and be pleasantly surprised to see that I've moved on. But until then....

I've always thought people who believed old wives tales were being silly. Don't they know that everything has to have a logical explanation? Well, let me just say that recently I have made room for some old wives tales in my own life. I've turned my back on years of scientific training and have tried pretty much any folk remedy reputed to induce labor. I've tried:
  • eating spicy food
  • walking 3 miles a day (which, believe me, is a long way when you weigh 40 more pounds than you used to)
  • bouncing up and down on a yoga ball for an hour at a time
  • stepping up and down off of the coffee table
  • taking hot baths
  • eating eggplant parmigiana at The Olive Garden
  • pushing on my belly
  • raspberry tea
None of them appear to work. The only thing I haven't tried is castor oil, but that one sounds a bit too extreme for my liking yet. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Liv said...

DO IT. Castor oil baby. DO IT. We want to see you lighter, happier, and with child in arms. DO IT.