Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Welcome to Abigail Mae Mettlinger

Well, she's finally here. And she's beautiful, objectively speaking. I meant to post earlier, but it's been hard to tear myself away from her.


Name: Abigail Mae Mettlinger
DOB: February 15th, 12:13 am
Weight: 8 lbs 2.3 ounces
Length: 21 inches
Visage: Adorable

This is our first face to face meeting:


This is after she was returned from ICU six hours later (more on that in another post):

This is grandma showing us how it's done:


And this is Alex, trying to emulate grandma (and doing a fine job of it):

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Such a precious package! Sus and Alex, Well Done!

Rebekii said...

Ahh Sus, from Livs last post and this one I can tell that delivery was quite the ordeal, but so worth it. Abigail is beautiful. I can't wait to meet her some day soon!!! Congratulations. The don't call baby birthing "labor" for nothing, now do they!!! Love you Sus. You are wonderful. Alex is wonderful and so is that baby!!!

Unknown said...

One awesome person plus another awesome person probability equals the most awesome human being ever!!! I am super excited for you guys! Now I have an even bigger reason to come out and visit you guys in Michigan! I can't wait to meet little Abigail! Congratulations, Alex and Sus!!! I miss you guys.

penn said...

to use some Minnesota lingo: oh, fer cute! What an adorable little budgkin. I hope all is well now, and I'll keep reading to find out more. What a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl. I hope I can get out to A2 and meet her soon!

stomatador said...

Congratulations to all three of you! I'm certain you'll be excellent parents, and given her genetics I'm certain Abbigail (Abby?) will be an ideal child. Your lives will NEVER be the same again but the lost sleep and worries will be more than worth it. You're in my thoughts, I wish all 3 of you the very best.

cheers,
joe

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous baby! Who is surprised! We are so proud of all of you, and miss you to bits--
xxoo, Peg, Mark, Meg & the critters