Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Winter Excitement in A2!

First of all, let me apologize for using Ann Arbor Hipster-speak in the title. A2 is just a clever way of saying Ann Arbor. Get it? Pretty clever, eh? Internet fans beware: I plan on being very clever in my future blog writings. It's been cold here the last week or so and I have taken refuge in the house, because it's heated. I can usually find Sus in there too, huddled on the floor directly on top of a heater vent. Rambo likes the heater vents too. I generally find them too hot and too "on the floor." I've been finding warmth in good food (Maize 'N Blue Deli features over 75 different, huge, heavy, filling, delicious sandwiches), good books (Omnivore's Dilemma by Michal Pollan may change the way you eat: think local, in season, and fresh), good music (the new Drive By Trucker's album), good exercise (training for the Cleveland Marathon--May 18--has me running 6 days a week), good movies (recently liked "Enemy at The Gates" and "The Corporation"), and, of course, good beer. The cold weather has me reaching for Russian Imperial Stouts and Barleywines--beers that are strong, rich, complex, warming and should be drunk out of a snifter while sitting by the fire. Unfortunately, we don't have a fireplace, so I settle for sitting next to Sus, Rambo, and the heating vent.

2 comments:

Liv said...

Apology accepted by your reader down by C-Dale. Sipping good beer by the heater sounds like a great idea, problem with floor heater vents, though, is that there's no where to set the beer that the animals can't get in it or knock it over...

Lindsey said...

See look at that. Alex just took some perfectly random ramblings and turned it into something interesting. New DBT (Drive By Truckers) eh. I heard one of their new songs. Liked it. Might have to check out the album.