Wednesday, January 23, 2008

How About Pretty Pictures?


To appease my rabid and growing fan base, I've decided to [try and] put a picture up. As you can see, it worked. Here I am, clad in my tundra pants, tundra boots, and tundra hat "working" out on the...yep, tundra. Our friend Heather is actually doing some work, filtering water for bacteria from a typical stream a couple miles from camp. I am just posing. In fact, that's all I really did up there. Haha. The Brooks Range is partially visible in the background. I spent every weekend hiking in those mountains and I really miss them and their herds of dall sheep. I liked hiking in a place where you could drink directly from the rivers without fear of getting sick. I think all my internet fans would love hiking and exploring the Brooks Range, so hurry up and get up there before the permafrost melts and the steep peaks settle into little thermokarst hills...

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Well, Well--I check this blog every day and FINALLY there's a new post. Keep 'em coming!