Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mommy, can you make clouds?

On our drive out to Connecticut, Abby asked me a question that seemed somewhat out of the blue. She said "Mommy, can you make clouds?" I asked for clarification. "What do you mean?" She said "Can you make clouds with junk food in it?" At that point, I turned around to see what was instigating her questions. She had a Berenstain Bears book open in her lap, with this picture. 


"Oooohhhhh" I said. Then I explained that those were called thought bubbles and they showed what the bears were thinking about. They weren't real clouds. She was silent for a moment. Then I heard some grunting and turned around to see her with her eyes shut and a pained expression on her face. She opened her eyes and said "I can't do it! I'm thinking about cake--where is it?!"

No comments: