Thursday, June 14, 2012

Macro Fun

For Christmas I got a fancy new camera lens--a macro lens! Now that there are things to take pictures of besides snowflakes, I have been out practicing. It's challenging. But I will improve!

This spider is the size of a tiny water droplet!


Some kind of grasshopper nymph?


Flowers....


Daddy long-legs!

These weren't taken with the macro lens, but they're pretty cool. While hanging out on the deck the other evening we noticed a woodpecker and his lady-friend on the nearby tree. While I was taking pictures, he found a massive grub in the hole he was pecking and he fed it to his girl!




2 comments:

pecwanpete said...

So cool Sus!! That spider is really pretty! I was practicing with our macro lens last weekend and broke the ring flash. :(

Liv said...

Great pictures! The spiders... nice, but... they're spiders, Sus... SPIDERS. Sheesh. =) But the flowers are beautiful! Especially that first one. I'm stealing that idea next time I try to compose a flower picture--it turned out great.