Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cabin Trip 2011: Part 1

Technically I already started posting from the Cabin trip, since the photos of Abby were taken there. But anyway.

In 2009 we went to the Upper Peninsula of MI (7 hours).
In 2010 we went to the tip of the Mitt of MI (5 hours).
This year we went halfway up the west coast of MI (3 hours).

I see a pattern. Regardless, it was still a beautiful place and very relaxing. Sadly, we were missing several of the usual suspects (you know who you are).

The Cabin.

As you can see, it had two levels. The upper level was bigger and our main lounging location. The downstairs apartment was perfect for sleeping babies to get away from yelling toddlers. There was a 3 acre fenced dog run to boot. Yes, 3 acres. When I first let the dogs loose in there I panicked. I couldn't see the end of it--what if it wasn't really fenced? After a good 20 minute walk around I satisfied myself of its soundness. But it was all for naught. The dogs spent the ENTIRE time sitting by the gate.

The Dogs.


The inside of the cabin was perfect. It came complete with HUNDREDS of toddler toys, books, and gadgets. The kids were in heaven. I didn't take many inside pictures because lounging people aren't that photogenic. But, lounging kids are pretty photogenic.

The Kids.

3 comments:

pecwanpete said...

If we keep up the same pattern, maybe we can camp out at Bell's next year.

Bonnie said...

Lounging babies are pretty cute!!

Lindsey said...

Wow. The cabin looks like it's calling to me...