Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Update


It's been a while. Rest assured, Abby is still cute (see above). And everyday she surprises me with something new (see below).

We went for a walk around the block after dinner tonight to get a little fresh air. We were looking at the lichen on the trees and watching some crows fly over head. Then I spotted a Robin, poking around in the yard next to us. I pointed him out to Abby and told her it was a Robin. She stared at it for a long minute and finally said "Christopher Robin!" She's constantly making connections that don't even occur to me.

On the same walk we saw a green subaru outback drive by and Abby pointed at it and said "Heather's car!" Wow. My child knows her car makes and models better than I do!

When we got back, we were sitting at my computer using AlphaBaby (an awesome little Application for Macs if you have a kid that just can't wait to get her hands on the computer). She was typing letters and for each one I was trying to recite from Dr. Seuss' ABC's. For example, when she typed A I would say "Auntie Annie's Alligator." She typed in B and I said "Barber, Baby, Bubbles, aaaaaannnnnndddd ..." I was trying to remember the last B-word, but before I had a chance to think of anything Abby pipes up with "Bumblebee!" What a smartie-pants.

Also, for the record, the last four nights in a row at 8 or 8:15 she has out of the blue said to us "Abby go bed." Whaaaa??? Maybe she's my daughter after all. According to my mom I used to ask to go to bed when I was little too.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Like her mommy in more ways than knowing her bedtime!!

Liv said...

Ha! It must be so much fun to watch her grow, make new connections, figure out new things. I bet you're proud of something every single day.