Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Eggs!

To celebrate Easter, Heather and I hid exotically colored hard-boiled eggs around the front yard and then unleashed the kids to find them. Do you have visions of toddlers squealing in excitement, running around the yard, madly searching for the next egg? So did we.

In reality, it was more like...

"Hey, kids! There's an egg!"

"You don't see it?"

"It's right THERE, a foot from the end of my finger tip!"

"You still don't see it? You're touching it with your toe!"

...etc, etc.

But it was still a lot of fun. Both of them got a basket with a little present--Rowan got a little stuffed Easter Bunny and Abby got a kick ball (I just couldn't in my right mind justify buying her another stuffed animal). Abby quickly picked up that we wanted her to collect the eggs in the basket. So after she had scavenged all the eggs off the ground, she proceeded to steal Rowan's eggs. Rowan didn't mind--he seemed unconvinced that collecting eggs was a cool thing to do (I'm sure being sick had something to do with it). Once Abby had all the eggs, she sorted through them. When she found one with a broken shell (either because Rowan had chucked it down the sidewalk or because she had squeezed it to death) she would exclaim "broken!" and carefully take it and place it back in its original hiding place.

The first egg.

Collecting them in her basket.

"Why am I doing this again?

The ball.

"Are we done yet?"


Maybe next year it will be more like we imagined...

3 comments:

pecwanpete said...

I love how she looks like she's sneaking in the first one. Egg? What egg?

Rebekii said...

This year was the first year Eva "got" easter egg hunting. It was fun. I'm glad she still doesn't care that I steal all the candy to divvy it out later... if there is any left!! ;) no I wouldn't do that! No no really - I throw most of it away... most of it...

Lindsey said...

Haahaah. So true Suz. Pretty sure that up to a certain age Easter Egg hunting is mostly for the parents (and by that I mean watch and laugh at our children wander around clueless).

Cute pictures. I like that last pic of Heather! I don't know Heather aside from your blog, but she's very photogenic!