Monday, December 1, 2008

Holy Cow That's A Lot of Stuff

When Alex and I drove to Minnesota for Thanksgiving we took some clothes and a couple of dogs and a subaru. When we returned we took a ton of baby paraphernalia (a word which I did NOT know how to spell until just now) a couple of dogs, an end table, and a dodge grand caravan. I think we got a good deal.

Just check out this awesome pile of baby stuff:


I had so much fun putting everything away!

Oh and note that red and black gem leaning against the wall. That's A Chariot. Definition: The ultimate "stroller" for athletic parents, capable of converting from a running stroller to a bike trailer to a ski sled and more. I was looking at the instructions and I'm pretty sure I could rig it up so that Charlie and Ella could pull it behind them on ski trips. Wouldn't that be great? I'm almost more excited to use The Chariot than I am to have a baby. Almost. And to think that when Alex and I were drooling over it in the REI catalog we thought we were just dreaming.

By the way, for those of you who are confused by the fact that Alex and I drove back in a Dodge Grand Caravan, trust me, I'm confused too. We bought it from Alex's dad, and I was definitely involved, but I'm still sort of at a loss as to how it is that I was convinced to get a minivan! I never, ever, in a million years saw myself driving a minivan. Sigh. You move to the midwest and everything changes. On the bright side, it will be pretty comfortable for that road trip to Utah we're planning to do next summer...

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, now that was a productive evening. Your going to love the chariot, #1 baby item of all time.

penn said...

oh, wow, that is exciting. I'm not even pregnant, and I am jealous of that awesome stroller. holy cow. You've motivated me to get a real job before I pop one out.

So, did you leave the subaru? sad! but, yes, the minivan will come in handy. I'm glad my parents had one. those things are versatile and so great for moving.

glad to hear everything is still going well. I'm excited to see baby Mettlinger pics!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous of the Chariot - we're still drooling over it in the catalog. Maybe some day.... So is there anything else that you need or just want?