Sunday, November 16, 2008

Little things are cute

I know this will sound silly, but little baby things are so cute and irresistible. I mean, who would have thought that just by shrinking something you can make it so much cuter? Someday (if you've never done so) you should just wander to a baby clothing section and look at the socks. Just look! Anyway, I've found that the miniaturization of things is a lot of fun. Not only can you make something cute, but it doesn't take nearly as long as it does to make big things. The most recent creation was a hat. I'm just dying to put it on something, but Ella and Charlie are too big and the cats are too small. Sigh. I guess I'll just have to wait.



The next thing is a merino wool baby blanket (Alex's choice of material, of course). It shouldn't be too bad. I made Olivia a scarf for Christmas one year that was probably 3 times the size of a baby blanket...

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a cute little hat! And you didn't just wash one of alex's ski caps in hot water to get it. I'm so impressed. By the way, I just came across that scarf the other day--the one you made for Liv. I can attest...it is truly at least three times as long as she is.