Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Three Years and Counting

Alex and I recently celebrated our third wedding anniversary. When I told Olivia we had been married for three years, she said "Really? Only three? It seems more like 5 to me." I think her perception reflects the fact that we've managed to cram 5 years of fun into only three. We've even managed to have fun here in Michigan where we can't climb, hike, go white-water rafting or canyoneering. I'd say we're doing pretty well. Just think, by the time we've been married for 15 years we'll have 25 years of fun under our belts. Here's a photo recap of the fun we've had up to now:


And here are just ten of the millions of reasons I consider myself a lucky woman to have snagged a man like Alex:


1. He loves a good adventure.

2. He's not afraid of hard work.

3. When he gets into something, he really gets into it. There's no dabbling for Alex--either you know nothing about a subject, or you know everything.

4. He has a great sense of humor.


5. He's one of the most loving people I've ever met.

6. He's athletic.


7. He gets along with everyone, no matter how annoying they are.

8. He comes with an amazing family.

9. He's got an opinion about everything.


10. He's incredibly inteligent.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

AAAUGH! I can't believe I forgot your anniversary! Congratulations on 10 years of bliss.

penn said...

aww, that's awesome.

you guys should know that you give me faith that I will one day meet someone super awesome for me. For quite a number of years, I was pretty skeptical about the whole marriage thing.

Liv said...

What a nice post about a wonderful person! I'm glad you found your man, Sus. You guys bring out the best in each other. Here's hoping for another ten/six (however you look at it) years of adventure love and excitement.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Glad to see a picture from our wedding in your amazing adventures collage!