Thursday, September 11, 2008

More Baby Pics!!

Last Monday Alex and I went in for our second ultrasound--this time at the appropriate stage of development (19 weeks). It was just as fun as the first one. And this time we found out the sex--it's a girl! And she's cute too. Just see for yourself.


She was very active and stubborn. It took the technician 20 minutes to get the right view of her heart because she likes to keep her hands up by her face and her arm was casting a shadow right over her heart. The technician kept pounding on my belly with the ultrasound wand to try to get her to move and she would squirm around and then immediately put her arms back up. At the end, she started opening and closing her mouth! It was so cute! I'm pretty sure she was complaining loudly about being jiggled around so rudely.


She's about 9 ounces which I think is crazy. In 5 days I'll be halfway through my pregnancy but she's not even close to half her birth weight. And I finally look almost pregnant on a regular basis.


It's actually kind of uncomfortable--all my other organs feel mooshed. I have the perfect analogy but Olivia told me not everyone would find it appropriate. Let's just say it involves roadkill. Anyway, the other drawback is that when I run my bladder gets beat up by my uterus and I feel like I constantly have to pee even though I really don't.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yes, you are starting to look pregnant. It gets much better, much better....

penn said...

thanks for sharing! so lovely :-)

Liv said...

lookin good! I think she has your nose...

Rebekii said...

Your Mom is right... it does get much better and much much mooshier... :) Congrats. Girls are wonderful. Just ask Eva!