Monday, May 16, 2011

The Messinger In Me

Alex would never do this. He would never approve of me doing this. But he wasn't home today, so I did it anyway!

I needed a way to transport two babies to the UPS store, about a half mile away, within an hour's time. I didn't really want to carry one and push the other in the stroller, which is what I have done in the past to get to the park. These kids are getting too heavy for that! But I knew if we all walked it would probably take three hours, if we made it at all. So I channeled my grandpa and my mom's creative spirit and I rigged the Chariot into a double-decker bus. Abby was thrilled with the whole thing and we made it there and back without incident (unless you count a few cheers out the window of passing vehicles)


(Brian and Heather, please note that your child is in the "safe" seat inside the chariot!)

5 comments:

pecwanpete said...

Oh, I can't wait to see this contraption in action!

Liv said...

Ha ha ha ha!!! My favorite part is the look on Abby's face. Clearly she has a few Messinger genes in her too...

Bonnie said...

Abby looks thrilled to be the object of your inventiveness!!

Lael said...

Uhm, double stroller. They sell them. In stores.

Lindsey said...

OH. MY. Wonderfulness! This is awesome! Can I put that photo on outsidemom.com. PLEASE! Hahahaha. You're my favorite person right now. Hahahaa