Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Report

My second Mother's Day come and gone. It was a delightful day.

In the morning we left Abby in the capable hands of Tory and headed to Milan for Alex's bike race (Cone Azalia; his second race in two days).

While Alex raced, I stood at one of the mid-race road intersections to direct traffic, remind the riders which direction to go, and take pictures. Unfortunately, I only got two pictures of Alex.

The first one is a bit off-kilter because I was taking the picture with my left hand while at the same time waving a flag in my right hand and gesticulating at a stubborn truck driver that wouldn't stop when I wanted him to.


The second one is sad. Shortly after the first picture was taken, Alex flatted out. Since he didn't have any spare wheels, he had to drop out. Bummer.


After flatting out, Alex relieved me at my corner and I, in turn, went home to relieve Tory.

Ms. Abby and I made omelets while we waited for Alex to get home. It was worth the wait. When he got home, he gave me gifts. Lots of gifts. Alex bought me red licorice, two varieties of chocolate, a running water bottle (shown below) and running socks. What a haul!


Mid afternoon I went for a 10 mile run with my new water bottle. It was awesome.

Finally, we headed out to Pinckney for some light hiking.





We rounded the day out with some delicious homemade bacon burgers, fries, and Zingerman's pie with ice cream. Mmmmm.

No comments: